Friday 7 December 2007

Come on City, Come on City

The Canaries won their match, 2-1. Pretty impressive since we're at the bottom of the league and Plymouth was rated 6th. I've never been really into soccer (excuse me: football) but it was actually pretty interesting. The games I watched in high school didn't have as much heading, flipping over people, and sliding. There is a really long Norwich City Football Club song/chant, which people would break out in, but mainly they just yelled, "come on city! come on city!" The kid next to me was probably about 10, and knew all the names of all the players. It was a lot of dad's and their kids. We had good seats in the 4th row (for 5 pounds! Not bad).

English sports fans are nuts in general and take this stuff really seriously. Considering this, they were actually pretty tame, I thought. A lot of insulting the ref took place (are you BLIND, ref?, maybe you should go to spec-savers, ref), but nothing too bad. My flatmates wanted to know if I'd picked up any good Norfolk swearing, but I hadn't. They said the Ipswich/Norwich game would be crazy.

I went for what will probably be my final walk around the UEA broad this morning. Writing about Norwich now makes me sad, because I'm trying to remember everything about it. I'll be pretty busy for the next few days, so I'm not sure how much I'll be posting. I am very excited to see you all, even if I don't want to leave here!

No comments: