Thursday 13 December 2007

Norwichristmas!

Today is my last full day in Norwich (HUGE sigh). I'm going downtown in a little bit to finish up my Christmas shopping. My flat is doing a Secret Santa tonight and I still have to get my person a present (no sense in waiting until the last minute, I always say). I'll probably wander a little bit too.

So Norwichristmas is what they call their Christmas festivities (catchy, right?) I have pictures of the lights downtown, but I haven't put them on my computer yet, so I'll just have to add that later. It's pretty crazy though..they start celebrating in early November in earnest. I had my first mince pie yesterday, which was tasty but I think would have been a bit better if I liked raisins. All the buildings on campus have full Christmas trees in them. Even the grocery store! And the library, accomodations, the art building...that one even has fake presents under it. So that is exciting.

I'm heading to London tomorrow morning and spending the night. I'm excited to see the M&M Tour at JFK, but I'm not too excited for the blast of winter that will greet me. See most of you soon!

P.S. Happy St. Lucia Day to all you crazy Scandinavians out there.

No comments: