Saturday 1 December 2007

My Sweet Little City

So in the three days that I've been gone, Norwich has about doubled its amount of Christmas lights and decorations. Edinburgh was amazing, and pretty, and exciting, and tiring, but I'm glad to be back here. I got back to my flat and one of my flatmates had gone and got a bunch of garlands and little Santa's, so our hall and kitchen are decorated. I missed my flatmates. I don't know what I'm going to do in two weeks when I fly out. I'm excited, I can't wait to see my friends and family, and Christmas planning and stuff, but...I'm really not ready to leave. I don't want to do work these next two weeks, I want to visit with people and walk around downtown and get ready to leave. Ahhhh.

Two American friends and I went tonight and saw Fred Claus, which was really goofy but good. I cried quite a few times (DON'T ask me why) and actually one of my friends did too. It was cheering, holiday movies always get to me anyway, especially if they involve little kids who might not be getting presents, things like that. We went to Wagamama after...I don't know if you all have heard of it, but it's a noodle restaurant. I had ramen with this coconut milk/chili/lemongrass soup and chicken, and we all got ginger cheesecake and split a thing of sake. It came to 41 pounds for the three of us! But it was a good "good-bye Norwich" kind of dinner, since I will probably be eating potatoes for the next two weeks, as my budget allows. So I'm glad to be back. And I'm really full and really sleepy, so I'm going to bed.

No comments: