Thursday 4 October 2007

The Bonnster Monster

This is Bonnie. She died on Tuesday morning, and I found out in an email from my mom last night (their afternoon). She was 11 and had been sick most of the summer. I had been expecting this. It doesn't make it much easier though.

I'm kind of relieved to know, and I'm glad she's not in pain anymore. I'm going to miss her so very much, though. She was a fantastic dog. I preferred her company to a lot of people's, which I think is often the way with pets. It's going to be strange to go home and not have her be there. It seems pretty unreal right now.

I've tried all day to not mope around, but it's hard. I'm sad.

2 comments:

Cricket said...

I am so sorry for your loss Anna! I know that the Bonnester was incredibly special and I hope that you will be able to have some peace of mind knowing that at least now she is not in any discomfort. It will get better!

This is it said...

It sucks. Our old dog Barney died when I was in college and I was depressed for weeks.