Sunday 28 October 2007

Nice Night

I just finished playing 2 hours of cards with my flatmates. I went and had a good pub dinner with two American friends, and then we went and saw "The Tempest" at the Maddermarket Theatre. It was good; I kind of knew the plot, but mainly from seeing it in an episode of Wishbone. I kept expecting Ariel to be a dog...

The director made it a mostly female cast--I think there were two men. He said a few of the women had complained about the lack of good female parts in Shakespeare, so he thought he'd give it a try. Prospero was really good. And he set it on an iceberg type Antarctica island instead of a tropical one, so everyone was wearing big fur hats. I got some Norfolk ice cream during intermission: butterscotch and almond.

I turn my clock back tonight (end of British Summer time) but according to my calender you don't do yours until next week. Does that mean it's only a 4 hour time difference now? I'm not really sure.

No comments: