Wednesday 3 October 2007

Happy October!

Not too much has happened in the past two days. I had my classes for the week, and today I am going downtown to look for Canaries tickets (the Norwich football team) and do my weekly grocery shopping. Here is something exciting, though--I am going to London on Friday! We're going to the British Museum for my African Art Seminar. The professor used to curate there, so we can go behind the scenes which is pretty cool. The professor is pretty pompous...he's one of the types who assigns his own books as reading, which really bothers me. I keep having to hear stories about all the African leaders he's met, how he showed them around London, how the King of Kuba was "sloshed" the whole time he was with him, etc. I think he just enjoys talking about himself, which I can deal with if it gets me to London! I'm coming back on the 7 train, so I should be able to go to the National Gallery before heading back, yay. This also involves me navigating the tube by myself, which is scary but also makes me feel pretty grown up.

I am giving a lecture next Monday and next Tuesday for my two art classes, the thought of which makes me rather nauseas. I was planning on doing some hefty work for those last night, but I went into the kitchen to make a cup of tea at 10:30, and ended up staying in there until 1:30, just talking to my flatmates. So I'm kind of behind now, but it was totally worth it. I had a much better time than reading about architecture would have been.

In other news, I effectively washed my clothes yesterday. The laundrette is waay on the other side of campus, so getting the laundry there is kind of a pain. I have also discovered WNED online (thanks Liz!) and they played "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" a few days ago which made me really happy. And the International Herald Tribune is available in the library, and on Sunday there was an op-ed in it by Garrison Keillor! The excitement never ceases.

No comments: