Thursday 29 November 2007

Scotland = Damp Pants

Hello! I'm in my hostel for the night (there is free internet, sweet). I've had an eventful two days. I got into Edinburgh yesterday at about 8:30, and my friend met my shuttle from the airport. We walked around for awhile, got some falafels (YUM) and then she left to write a paper. I went to the Royal Museum and the National Gallery, and walked up and down the Royal Mile. I went to bed really early last night (I got up at 4, so I was pretty out of it).

I went to St. Andrews today...it's a little over an hour train ride from here. You take a train to the town over, and then take a bus to St. Andrews. It's a beautiful ride; it goes all the way along the coast, so I saw a lot of very blue water and a bunch of sheep. St. Andrews was pretty too, and COLD, but they've got an awesome ruin Cathedral, and a huge cemetary. Even though it was cold, it was really sunny, so that was nice. I walked around the University for awhile too, and saw some people playing golf.

When I got back to Edinburgh, I went to the pub where JK Rowling started writing Harry Potter...it's called The Elephants Head, and it's full of elephant related things. The shortbread I got was shaped like an elephant. I met my friend again and we went and walked around the Christmas market which is by the Ferris wheel/arcade in the center of town. We got crepes and watched people ice skate on the outdoor rink (and when I say "watched", I mean "watched people fall over and mocked them"). It was starting to get really cold, so we went to a pub for awhile, and I just got back here. I think I'm going to knit for awhile and turn in...I think I'm going to the Castle tomorrow, and maybe another museum, but I'm not sure yet.

The only downside...I lost an earring, and (as the post title suggests) my pants have been dragging in puddles since I got here.

I'll let you know when I re-enter Norwich. I hope you all are having a good week!

1 comment:

Cricket said...

I am SO envious of you right now! I hope you are having a blast and you should pick up some yarn there, if there are all of those sheep, there must be some really nice yarn! Can't wait to hear all about the Elephant Cafe in person... Obi Wan.