Monday 24 September 2007

Manic Monday




First of all, let me just say that the snazzy new template is courtesy of one of my techie William Smith friends (THANK YOU TARA)! Maybe it'll motivate me to post a lot!

Here was my day.
I had my first English Country House class this morning. I think it will be really interesting, but hard too--I have to give two hour long lectures by myself and I'm already really nervous! I had Contemporary American Foreign Policy this afternoon and that shouldn't be as nerve wracking. I got back from that and ended up talking to one of my flatmates about US Healthcare and why we think it's a really bad system. I am living with mostly freshman (or "freshers" as they're called here) but they seem way more mature than I was two years ago! They are all really up on current events. And they are also more competent at cooking than I am.

Two American friends and I decided we wanted to go to the pub pictured above because we hadn't had fish and chips yet, and we wanted a hot meal. We always see this pub on the bus into town and thought it looked really cute. We ended up getting off the bus at the wrong stop and got horribly lost downtown. We met a really nice woman who gave us directions, but when we finally got to the pub, it turned out their kitchen was closed. We talked to three elderly men in the pub for awhile, who gave us directions to another pub. Which we couldn't find. We ended up walking around Norwich for awhile, and finally wound up back in an Italian restaurant in the City Centre. It was so delicious, mainly because I was so hungry. I even took a picture of it.

We got back onto to the double decker bus, and realized that getting dinner took us four hours tonight. It started to seem pretty hilarious, and we just laughed a lot for no reason, which is a good feeling. My legs really hurt now from walking!

No comments: