Tuesday 25 September 2007

One of the Norfolk Broads




The Norfolk Broads are a series of lakes that stretch throughout East Anglia and are connected by small rivers. They were formed during the 13th century, when a lot of peat was removed from the land to sell and it ended up flooding--it's flooded since then, too. People rent boats and come up here on holiday. I walked around the one on campus (it's actually called the UEA Broad) and I think it's about a mile long trail. There were a lot of joggers and people with kids and old men fishing. I will definitely bring my work down there...as long as it stays sort of warm! If I didn't live on the bottom floor of the building I would have a nice view of it. From our kitchen, you can kind of see it. It's very pretty in the morning when everything is misty.

No comments: